Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time for IVs.

Back on IVs. I spent all day up at the hospital and the consensus is More IV antibiotics. My port was accessed and now I just sit and wait for the home nurse to arrive with my drugs. I am hoping to knock this infection out quickly, because I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. This has been a LONG past few days. I am exhausted. I am in pain. And I overall, just don't feel good. I am ready to get back to being my happy self again. I could really use some positive news and some cheering up.


I know I look like crap (I feel like crap), but here I am all accessed and waiting.
***Edit***
(Later on in the evening)
I apologize in advance to all my readers who think I am always so happy and optimistic. I am going to use this blog as a release tonight. I am letting it all out.
I am in so much pain I could cry. My fingers are all twice their size. My knees are full of fluid. My ankles feel like they are on fire. I can hardly move. I have taken 6mg of Dilaudid. It is supposed to be one of the stronger pain-killers available- a type of Morphine, and I am still in pain. I have puked 3 times I hurt so bad.
I am not used to taking prescription pain-killers, my tolerance is not all that high, so why aren't they working?
I want to soak in a hot bath. I can't because of this stupid port.
I can't sleep. I am restless. Day two of Prednisone should have given me some sort of relief. My whole body is inflamed.
I start IVs tomorrow. I am praying, hoping, and wishing for them to kill whatever infection is causing this misery.
My lungs feel heavy. I can't stop coughing. I can't stop gagging. I don't want to eat.
Miserable does not even begin to describe how I feel.
I know that I won't feel this way forever. I will do IVs for a few weeks and I hope to be back to normal. For right now, I so desperately just want to fall asleep and wake up when that happens.
I don't want to be on IVs over Thanksgiving. I hate being sick.
I hate spending money on medication, doctor visits, and CF.
I want to Christmas shop, do fun things with my kids.
This sucks.
Tomorrow will be a better day. It has to be.
All my CF friends know what I mean and understand how I feel.
I just want a break from it all. A chance to not have this darn CF haunting me or stepping in to ruin my life at the worst times possible.
I hate being a burden on family. I hate not being in control, especially when it comes to my own body. I just want it all to stop.
And if I was going to hire someone to come into my house and help me out, it wouldn't be a home visiting nurse. It would be someone to clean and cook.
And darn it, while I am complaining, I just want to shop for some new Ugg boots and a coat. (completely unrelated, but I feel like throwing it in the mix)
A make-over would be nice too. And maybe a new purse. But once again, CF has ruined that for me as well. Thank you Bactrim for costing me so much.
Ok, I am done.
I think I need a hug now and maybe a back rub.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Christina...I am so sorry :-( I know that the joint stuff with CF can get really bad. I am so sorry you're in such pain and nothing is taking it away. I know how overwhelmed you feel. I know how hurt (emotionally) you feel. I know how much you want to be normal. I know how much you worry about your children watching you struggle. I am walking your same path right now and I have had days where I have been physically and emotionally in the depths of darkness. However, it will get better. The drugs will do thier thing and you will be out there Christmas shopping and doing your thing... I know that doesn't help NOW, but it's the best I've got...besides a big cyber {{{HUG}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better really soon. And take me shopping with you haha :)
    ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. no apologies necessary.. us CFers have been there! I was there a little over a month ago! Stay strong :)
    Question - I'd love to share your photo and blog on my CF Awareness album - please let me know if I can. Here's a link to it:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2073121&id=1185981085&l=afb8c89ddf
    just email me at determinedleo@yahoo.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent vent! Dump it all, girl! Alright, so now what does this morning hold for you? Grab onto one thing you can do and do well today and take pride in it and treat yourself to something that feels good. I hope you are eating now (sorry the video was out of sync so it was giving me a headache, but I suppose I could have listened w/out watching) and are more yourself. That hydromorphone is good stuff. Not quite as good as morphine itself, but better than Vicodin.

    ReplyDelete