Friday, November 19, 2010

Good news, bad news.

I am not feeling up to writing much, so this will be short and sweet.

On top of the MRSA Staph and  PA (Psuedomonis) that I have been ecently culturing, I now can add to my list Steno. Maltophilia, E-coli and Aspergillus. Fun times. That my friends is a lot of cooties!

I will now be doing 3 months of antibiotics to hopefully wipe some of this out. What a nice holiday surprise!

My weight was down 2 lbs (in a week) and my PFT's (lung function) was up 5%. I guess that would be the good news even though I have about 10% more to go to be at baseline.

I promise that I won't be negative forever, this infection is just getting me down right now and I just want it to be over.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, Ugh & Ugh! That's all I have to say... Oh, and stop apologizing for being negative. I don't even see it as negative. You're being honest and real. If I can do this, you can do this. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! That's a lot of new bugs! And I had no idea you could get E-coli in your lungs.
    I'm so sorry sweetie♥ Praying the IVs clear it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like such a downer lately...HAHA. And I had no clue that e-coli could grow in the lungs either...until today! I guess I will quit sniffing dirty diapers!

    ReplyDelete