Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sick again.

As much as I have tried my very best to avoid it, the time has come. I am once again on IV antibiotics at home. It all started last week when the oral antibiotics just weren't working anymore, my cough was getting worse, I was getting more and more fatigued, running low grade fevers...trust me when I say: it was time! I started the medication Thursday evening and everything went alright. I have taken both of the antibiotics before, so it shouldn't be a big deal, right? Wrong. I had a major reaction to the Meropenem. I got the chills so bad,was chattering away, and nothing would warm me up, all while running a fever well over 102. This continued throughout Friday and I felt (still do) horrible. Fevers, off and on with cold, clammy skin, nauseous, delirious, extreme body aches, I honestly felt horrible. Worse than I have ever felt in my whole life. My doctors and I seem to think that this is my body trying to fight off this horrible infection I have and I need to just push through these side effects. Fortunately, I am pushing through and have not had a fever in about 24 hours now....so I think I am over the worst of it. I will be on the IVs for the next two weeks, and hopefully will get off of them in time for my birthday! I am very blessed that I get to do them at home and not spend the next few weeks in the hospital.

So, I may not be on much and may not be answering my phone much either....but I am spending this time trying to really get well. I want to avoid it once again for as long as I can, hopefully all fall! Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment