Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Care Packages

I know some of my friends have dealt with deployment of their loved ones, and I am looking for advice and ideas. I send my brother out a care package weekly...

So far I have been sending him:
Beef Jerky
Candy
Tuna Fish creations
Crackers
Pop Tarts
pull tab containers of food (Chef Boyardee, Healthy Request, etc.)
Pictures
Other random snacks
Personal items, razors, etc.
magazines and books

I know he has a few items on his wish list that are a little too expensive for me to purchase right now,

a Kindle (electronic book reader)
PlayStation 3 or X-Box with games

If any of you have creative ideas of what to send him, or see the above items at a sale price (that I could afford!) please let me know!! Nine more months seems like forever for someone who is already homesick!

1 comment:

  1. I have been sending a lot of the same stuff... he perked up when I said that I was sending skittles, beef jerky, and 5 hour power vitamin shots. Also, an electric shaver and cannon camera are on my list of stuff to send for Valentines Day and Easter. hmmmmmm I need ideas too!

    ReplyDelete