Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I sit here with rollers in my hair, wet toe nails, all lotioned up, sipping a cup of coffee...getting ready for Christmas Eve church service. This is my favorite time of year. Watching my children get all excited for what tonight and tomorrow will bring, talking about "Jesus's birthday", preparing food for "Santa" and his reindeer, and celebrating Papa's (my wonderful dad) 55th birthday! This is a lot of excitement for one weekend! I am enjoying my down time now...that is while I have it. I love every moment of Christmas.

The hole in my heart this year is my best friend, my brother not being home for Christmas. He has a great reason, serving over seas and protecting our freedom, but still, I miss him terribly. Only he gets my sense of humor- and actually laughs at what I say, only because he is thinking the same thing! Nine more months is way too long. I feel like he should be home in nine more days...
**sigh**

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Give lots of hugs, lots of smiles, and lots of love this weekend. And remember why we celebrate.
Happy Birthday Jesus!





No comments:

Post a Comment