Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rambling.

I am in need of some good BBQ. Craving it. Does Parker's ship? That is something I need to look into. ASAP. I am also craving brownies.
That reminds me, my new stove was delivered today. I have an oven again! It has been almost 2 weeks without one!
I am ready for the weekend. My week has been so jam packed with "stuff" that I haven't had time to just relax and love on my kids. I am thinking a trip to the zoo, or something fun, should be on the agenda soon.

Last night Caleb went to his first Cancer support group for kids ( at The Stewarts Caring Place, amazing AMAZING place by the way!). They gave him a giving doll. It is adorable! A little boy doll that he named "Dillan". He said that he has always wanted a baby brother. He brought one home to Addy too. A little girl one named "Ava". People sew these adorable, handmade dolls and donate them to kids going through tough times. Caleb told me last night that he was supposed to hug Dillan anytime that he feels sad about Cancer. He paused, smiled, and then said: "I don't know why I would ever be sad about Cancer! Maybe Dillan will be the one that is sad. He can just hug me when Cancer makes HIM sad." Bless his sweet little heart.
I think it is good for him to hear a little bit of info geared towards his age group and in terms that he understands. It makes things a little less scary, and helps him to be ok with some of the changes that he is around. A five year old should have no worries!
He loved being there too! This morning he was asking when he could go back and telling Addy about how much fun she missed.

On a side note, I just realized that in exactly one month from tomorrow, I will have a three-year-old little girl? Where did time go? Is she really turning 3???? My little Adalyn.
Time for me to get planning. I guess I have a Strawberry Shortcake party to throw, yes that is what she really wants!



No comments:

Post a Comment